If you're truly, horrendously sick, you'll have to had done some planning before making this. Hopefully you have most of these items in your house, like homemade broth in your freezer, coconut milk in your cupboard, curry paste and noodles. You should also have some vegetables and proteins hanging around in general. And if you're sick, you need to have lemons/limes so you can drink lemon honey water all day. Anyway, I'm rambling. And possibly feverish. So let's go.
- Homemade broth, or the stuff in cartons, which for some reason taste better than canned to me
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp curry paste, or to taste. I made a batch of Penang curry paste and keep it in my freezer.
- Chopped up meat or tofu
- Chopped up veggies (I had some zucchini lying around)
- Noodles, prepared according to the package. I used Korean sweet potato noodles.
- Optional: cilantro and lime
Let's do it!
- Put coconut milk in a small soup pot with curry paste. Stir until well combined.
- Add broth, until it's the consistency you like.
- Add veggies and meat/tofu. Simmer until cooked through.
- Put cooked noodles in your bowl.
- Pour soup over noodles, garnish with lime and cilantro. Season to taste with salt/soy sauce or fish sauce.
If you've got a well stocked kitchen, this should be totally doable, despite being feverish.