In an effort to be healthy (and get rid of a TON of cilantro), I present: couscous salad.
Measurements are approximate!
- 1 1/2 cup couscous
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- Lemon juice to taste
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- splash of olive oil
- salt to taste
Let's do it!
- Boil water and add in couscous. Stir and let it soak up the water.
- Add everything else and mix well.
- Stick in the fridge and let the flavours meld for at least half an hour.
- Taste and season as needed.
- For a balanced meal, add some kind of protein. I added a delicious canned salmon that my friend made. The Hubster added hard boiled eggs.